Monday 8 September 2014

Great Barrier Reef


Today was a day we'll never forget and I bet you wouldn't  if you did what I did!


We woke up and had  breakfast at 7 then set off for the marina.  We tried to find Calypso but walked straight past and nearly boarded the wrong boat!  Once on board our boat we went to the first floor deck and waited while the others boarded!  It took an hour and a half to get out to the reef but after an hour we were told we were heading straight for a whale.  We raced to the front to see splashes in the distance.  Eventually we stopped with the whale right next to the boat.  It turned out to be a humpback mum and her baby!!! They played games around us waving and diving.  

Out on the reef we saw over a hundred varieties of fish I can't choose a favourite but the parrot fish were iridescent and beautiful.  The giant clams were over a metre with bright blues and purples also the sea cucumbers were fun!  I think I saw a small shark!!

Love Joseph

Today at quarter to eight we set off for our boat.  When we got to the reef I got in wearing a wet suit, flippers, a snorkel mask and snorkel.  I saw butterfly fish, parrot and pipe fish, surgeon fish, anemone fish in anemones, angel fish, barracuda ...... If you watch finding Nemo you'll see at most a tenth of what we saw!

Love Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I loved hearing about your amazing day joseph and ethan, I will show our children too! treasure these things............love you ruthxx

    ReplyDelete